Brunch with B-Boy

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Oh me oh my, what a lucky girl I am.  This morning I had the honour and privilege of being invited to a very special brunch courteousy of Marie Claire South Africa and Sunglass Hut with the one and only, one of my favourite bloggers in the world Bryan Boy! It was at Salvation Cafe at 44 Stanley and it was perfect to say the least.  The weather came to the party and so did the spring fashion and fashionistas of Joburg.  

We ate, we bubblied and we basically had a very informal Q and A with Bryan about his blogging career, which in seven years, has made him one of the most respected in the blogging business.  He told us the story of how he met his fave, Anna Wintour, how he got the Marc Jacobs bag named after him and the rest of his fabulous life.  He is here to present the Best Blogger award at tomorrow's Marie Claire Prix d'Excellence de la Mode Awards. It was a pleasure to meet you Mr Beezy and was very honoured when you wanted to take a picture of me.  Stay cool! Here's some of what went down!

Bryan with Marie Claire editor, Aspasia Karras
Bryan Boy and his fierce and famous dim lookers. 

Meeeee trying to act cool when inside I was doing cart wheels of joy!
Fellow blogger and friend, Sandiso Ngubane
The day turned to perfection when my favourite, Eggs Benedict was declared in front of me. It was so delish.  There are three places that get this right in my experience in South Africa: Lazari in Cape Town, Scusi in Parkview and now, Salvation Cafe.  I have tried this at so many places and more often than not, I am left disappionted and hungry.  Not this time mama, not this time.
If I could swap the blood that courses through my veins for some other liquid, it would most certainly be bubbly. 
I don't have a sweet tooth but this cheese cake was waving at me from the other side of the room. 
Sarah Badat and Sandiso Ngubane
Love Sarah's little hip accessory...apparently from Sass Diva. Suprise surprise. 
Eish, I forget this lovely girl's name but she works for Edgars and she just looked fab. 
Marie Claire Fashion Director Sharon Armstrong and Editor Aspasia Karras.  Aspasia is wearing Marion and Lindie.
By far the best moment.  He was like, Oh My God, I love your look let me get my camera.  I am wearing a Doreen Southwood skirt, vintage top, Woolworths headpiece, a Masai necklace I ''borrowed'' from my friend Maria and sunglasses from, Sunglass Hut and a vintage bag from Maria McCloy.

Bumping into my friend Mr Chang was the cherry on top. 
And I couldn't leave without snapping the forever looks awesome Dawood.  

I am so blessed. Thank you to whoever looks after me in this universe. Now I have to get back to spreadsheets and serious work, write my column, hydrate and sleep because tomorrow's Awards and party is probably going to mimic the end of days.

3 comments:

Nancie said...

you so lucky girl! Looks like you had tons of fun! I hope to meet him too one day!
www.nanciemwai.com

Vuyo said...

You lucky FISH

TJL said...

Well! Then you have to try the Eggs Benedict at Lolas Cafe in Long Street when you are in eKhapa again (same place, same name, different decor and chefs; real chefs, chefs who make you wanna settle down and marry your plate of food) Actually, go more than once, all their food is a plateful of fresh, quality ingredients, balanced flavours, and cafe-style, delicious loveliness.

Post a Comment